Plum Island Coffee Roasters is a local specialty coffee house located in the center of a working boatyard. Plum Island coffee Roasters roasts, serves, and sells specialty coffee beans from around the world.
At Plum Island coffee Roasters we strive to make sure that our coffee is the freshest it can possibly be. We roast all of our coffee in small 50 lb batches, which allows the roast master to have incredible quality control and
adds artisan flare to our coffee. All our coffee is roasted fresh every week and shipped to us the same day that it is roasted ensuring that our coffee is ultra fresh.
We strive to provide our customers with great coffee, friendly service, and a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
We serve a variety of cafe beverages and always have a light, bold and decaf drip coffee on tap.
What is “Specialty Coffee”?
- Sometimes called “premium” or “gourmet”
- Grown in the most ideal coffee producing climates
- Feature distinctive flavors, which are shaped by the unique characteristics of the soil that produces them.
- Soil, altitude, and climate of a coffee growing area will impact the body of the coffee bean, as well as its flavor and aroma.
- It must also pass a stringent certification process to ensure that it is free of flaws and imperfections.
What is “Fair Trade” Coffee?
- Designed to assist poor coffee farmers that produce high quality gourmet coffee in organic conditions.
- Smaller coffee farmers have been forced to either change their techniques or lose their farms due to lowering profits brought in by coffee.
- This has created a new type of coffee that is growing in popularity and is closely aligned with the organic coffee movement: Fair Trade Coffee.